Darn it. More work coming in. A short but ever so sweet SaaS consultancy gig. This is really messing up my blogging calendar. Apologies to those waiting on promised series of GAE posts. I will find time this week. Promise.
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” Agatha Christie
Before I begin this new project in earnest I thought I’d take sometime to introduce my basic setup. I am of course using Eclipse as my development environment along with the Google App Engine plugin. The project itself will use Google’s High Replication Datastore (HRD) but I have switched off the Datanucleus JDO/JPA access to the Datastore. More about this in a moment.
DNS seems to be doing a good impression of a yoyo at the moment. Hopefully I’ve fixed it.
For a moment there, I thought I might have to contact my hosting provider’s support team.
A very close call.